čtvrtek 24. března 2016

The English Version

To Drink or not to Drink?

This is an eternal question of my patients dependent on alcohol.
Again one of them (as many others in some of my previous posts) stayed in my memory. His resemblance but not his name. My colleagues may confirm that they know the face. But I don´t want to build on his resemblance.
I want to express the misery in which those people find themselves.

He left our ward with resolutions not to drink. I have no doubts that he thought it seriously. But there are a lot of snares in the outer surroundings out of our ward. There are no nurses, no doctors, no therapists of the sole in his flat, in his own life. He must try to resist various temptations because his dependency is very inventive. It has many faces.

This man has not come back so far. We have had neither information of him nor from him. Maybe he has been well and maybe he has been thinking whether to drink or not to drink in a similar situation you can see on my picture.

An additional note (04.18.2016):

The last presented paragraph above has not been true already. Yesterday (04.17.´16) I could get some new information rightly from this man. While I was on my twelve hours lasting duty he came to see me personally at my work. He had visited to our ward for several times a time before but he had not been lucky to see me there. Only yesterday he was successful in his purpose. Since his stay at our ward this has been our first mutual meeting face to face. Also I could refresh his full name in my memory (Z.M.!).
First of all I must say to you that the man does drink no alcohol at all. He has felt to be very well. He has been satisfied with his present life. A time before he had some pulmonary problems and he had to be hospitalized. Both he and his kin thought it came his last hour. But due to the pulmonary experts he could recover. Though he has already been at his premature invalid retirement he has been able to earn some extra money for himself.
Somehow my yesterday´s meeting with this man seems to me to be telepathic.
I´m making this notice a day after.

The Czech Version

Pít či nepít?

Tohle je věčná otázka mých pacientů závislých na alkoholu. Jeden z nich mi opět zůstal v paměti. Jeho podoba, ale ne jméno. Moji kolegové snad mohou potvrdit, že tu tvář znají. Ale nechci stavět na jeho podobě.
Chci vyjádřit tu bídu, v níž se tihle lidé ocitají.

Naše oddělení opustil s předsevzetími nepít. Nepochybuji, že to myslel vážně. Ale ve venkovním prostředí mimo naše oddělení existuje spousta nástrah. V jeho bytě, v jeho vlastním životě nejsou žádné sestry, žádní lékaři, žádní psychoterapeuti. Musí se snažit odolávat různým pokušením, protože jeho závislost je velice vynalézavá. Má mnoho tváří.

Tenhle muž se dosud nevrátil. Nemáme o něm ani od něj žádné informace. Snad se mu daří dobře a možná, že přemítá, zda pít či nepít v podobné situaci, kterou můžete vidět na mém obrázku.

Dodatečná poznámka (18.04. 2016):

Naposledy uvedený odstavec výše už není pravda. Včera (17.4.´16) jsem od tohoto muže získal nějaké nové informace přímo. Zatímco jsem měl dvanáctihodinovou službu, přišel mě v práci navštívit osobně. Před časem navštívil naše oddělení několikrát, ale neměl štěstí setkat se tam se mnou. Teprve včera mu jeho záměr vyšel. Od jeho pobytu na našem oddělení bylo tohle naše první vzájemné setkání tváří v tvář. Také jsem si mohl v paměti znovu osvěžit celé jeho jméno (Z.M.!).
Především vám musím sdělit, že ten muž nepije vůbec žádný alkohol. Cítí se velmi dobře. Se současným životem je spokojený. Před časem měl nějaké plicní problémy a musel být hospitalizován. On i jeho blízcí mysleli, že nadešla jeho poslední hodinka. Avšak díky plicním odborníkům se dokázal zotavit. Třebaže už je v předčasném invalidním důchodě, umí si pro sebe vydělat peníze navíc. Tak nějak mi včerejší setkání s tím mužem připadá telepatické.
Tuto poznámku činím den poté.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat