čtvrtek 11. září 2014

Fig.1: Dawning over Kvilda in Šumava, Czech republic.
The English Version

Dawning Over Kvilda II

In the night from Friday (09.05. 2014) to Saturday (09.06.´14) I experienced my two first nights:
In the first time I visited to Kvilda the small settlement in Šumava, Czech republic, and in the first time I together with my two attendants (see my previous contribution) was going to overnight outdoors not too far from this settlement.
It was about at two A.M. when we unfolded our sleeping bags on grass soaked with moisture under branches of the three spruces. I must point out that we had only the sleeping bags, no soft carpets under them and the ground was uneven and rough. The couldness and the air moisture forced us to snap into our sleeping bags as soon as possible. During our working into them Robert (my son) found that his sleeping bag missed the zip. He had to improvise, somehow he folded his body into it.
Fig.2: The mist is slowly retreating.
Of course, before we began working into our sleeping bags we put our shoes off, our feet went into the bags in socks only. To keep my shoes from the high moisture I covered them with an empty plastic bag.

Nobody of us was hungry or thirsty, we ate and drank sufficiently during our long journey. We wished the only thing: to sleep. But this wish was one thing and the reality was something else. We were like three mumies in our sleeping bags under branches of the three spruces. We hooded our heads with hoods of our surcoats.

The first feelings in my sleeping bag were pleasant and comfortable. Our bodies were warmed up by permanent motions but their stillness in the thick sleeping bags led to the two consequences: our bodies with no motion became coulder ´cause the thick material of our sleeping bags allowed the outer couldness to penetrate inside. Similary we
Fig.3: Our contemporary post with my attendants in the morning..
lost the rests of our own warm outward. We could see in routine that our sleeping bags were good for much warmer summer nights. First I wanted to let my face exposed to the outer couldness but soon I had to change my idea. The air was too chill and humid. I worked deeper into my sleeping bag including my hooded head. But the sleep didn´t come.
The uneven terrain forced our bodies to find any better position. My previous parable with mumies lost its aptness. Now we looked like three curling strange worms.

When the sleep seemed to come at last I felt I had to make water. It meant to leave my sleeping bag and together with it also last rests of warm. My colleagues slept in that while. Their breathing was regular and their bodies with no motion. I felt could but I didn´t shudder. The white misty and could night around me. It was almost absolutly silent, only from time to time the silence was disrupted by some remote barking of a dog. I´d say that I couldn´t sleep not only because of all the uncomfort but most of all I couldn´t sleep because I was excited by the unusual situation, by the feeling that just I was laying in my sleeping bag near to Kvilda in the middle of the deep night and branches of the three spruces were my only roof above my head. I did several steps from our impro-camp without a fire and I did what I had to.
Fig.4: A lonely horse.
Before I worked into my sleeping bag again I took my second sweater and put it on over the first. The second sweater with a roll collar covered my naked neck. Now I felt better, only my feet in socks remained to be could. Surely my short stay out of the sleeping bag played its role in my relatively better feelings too. I laid on my back with my face looking up at the sky for a while. In that moment it was clear and full of bright stars. Till now I´ve been sorry that I didn´t try to take some pictures of it. Simply the idea didn´t strike me in that time.

I don´t know what was a time when I dozed but I thought it had to be a short while before dawning. When I awoke the night was retreating through a very dense mist. Fortunately, our sleeping bags kept us from the massive dew. Their surfaces were moist but they turned to be waterproof.
Fig.5: The horse and the church in Kvilda.

We began to get up about at seven or eight A.M. in the morning. Our surroundings was still drowning in the dense mist, the Kvilda´s houses were hardly visible in it. We could survive, with our poor equipments, one could night outdoors near to Kvilda. Kvilda was very merciful to us. It was neither windy nor rainy overnight and the good weather seemed to go on ´cause we saw the blear contour of the Sun´s wheel above the East horizon in the mist.

Our plan was simple: to decamp and somehow to spend our time till eleven A.M. when hotels and pensions in Kvilda started to provide their services. We found ourselves in an opening terrain behind Kvilda and as the Sun was slowly dissipating the mist we started gradually recognizing more and more from our immediate surroundings. We saw that our immediate surroundings consisted of a free grassy terrain with a few not too tall trees including the three spruces where we´d overnighted and of some paled agricultural grounds. There was a woody sitting near to our impro-camp, it was next to a paled ground with an only horse standing lonely in it. Also next to the woody sitting there was a grassy path heading for Kvilda the settlement in our view. Just this sitting became our temporary post.
Fig.6: We win our sleeping bags.

In that time I didn´t forget my camera and while the Sun was fighting with the mist I was taking pictures documenting the fight in which the Sun was the winner in the end. As the mist was dissipating our views of the country were becoming wider and wider. With some surprise I was enjoying each new element of the country gradually standing out of the disappearing mist. The more the Sun rays were penetrating into the mist the more often we could observe a miniature whirling of water droplets like the stars before our eyes.
At eleven A.M. the country around us got the clear contours and at the first time we could see at last where we found ourselves really.

Of course, this is an only introduction to our stay in Kvilda. I´m going to come back to this topic in my next contributions freely, from time to time.

The Czech Version

Svítání nad Kvildou (II)

V noci z pátku (5.9.´14) na sobotu (6.9.´14) jsem prožil dvě premiéry: Poprvé jsem navštívil malou osadu Kvildu na Šumavě, Česká republika, a poprvé jsem se spolu s mými dvěma druhy (viz můj předešlý příspěvek) chystal přestát noc pod širákem nedaleko od této osady.
Fig.7: Our contemporary woody sitting.
Bylo to asi kol druhé hodiny po půlnoci, když jsme rozbalili své spacáky na trávě nasáklé vlhkostí pod větvovím tří smrků. Musím podotknout, že jsme měli jen spacáky, žádné měkké koberečky pod ně a zem byla nerovná a kostrbatá. Chlad a vzdušná vlhkost nás přiměly nasoukat se rychle do spacáků, co nejdříve možno. Během toho, jak jsme se do nich vpravovali, Robert (můj syn) zjistil, že jeho spacák postrádá zip. Musel improvizovat, nějak si do něj tělo zabalil. Ovšem, že než jsme se do spacáků začali soukat, zuli jsme si boty, nohy šly do spacáků jen v ponožkách. Abych boty uchránil před vysokou vzdušnou vlhkostí, zakryl jsem je prázdnou plastovou taškou.
Fig.8: A path to Kvilda.

Nikdo z nás neměl hlad ani žízeň, jedli jsme a pili dostatečně během naší dlouhé cesty. Přáli jsme si jediné: spát. Ale přání byla jedna věc a skutečnost něco jiného. Pod větvemi tří smrků jsme ve spacácích byli jako tři mumie. Hlavy jsme si zakryli kapucemi našich bund.

Mé první pocity ve spacáku byli příjemné a konejšivé. Těla jsme měli zahřátá stálým pohybem, ale jejich nehybnost ve spacácích vedla ke dvěma důsledkům: znehybnělá těla nám vychládala, protože tenký materiál spacáků dovoloval venkovnímu chladu pronikat dovnitř. Podobně jsme ztráceli zbytky vlastního tepla navenek. V praxi jsme viděli, že naše spacáky se hodí pro mnohem teplejší letní noci. Nejdřív jsem chtěl nechat tvář vystavenou vnějšímu chladu, ale brzy jsem ten nápad musel změnit. Vzduch byl příliš studený a vlhký. Propracoval jsem se do spacáku hlouběji včetně hlavy v kapuci. Ale spánek nepřicházel.
Fig.9: Kvilda without the misty veil.
Nerovný terén nutil naše těla hledat si jakoukoliv lepší pozici. Můj předešlý příměr s mumiemi ztratil na trefnosti. Teď jsme vypadali jako tři zmítající se podivní červi.

Když se zdálo, že spánek konečně přichází, cítil jsem, že musím na malou. Znamenalo to opustit spacák a spolu s tím také poslední zbytky tepla. Moji kolegové v té chvíli spali. Dýchali pravidelně a nehýbali se. Cítil jsem se prochladlý, ale netřásl jsem se. Kolem mne bílá, mlhavá a chladná noc. Byla skoro absolutně tichá, jen občas ticho narušil nějaký vzdálený psí štěkot. Řekl bych, že jsem nemohl usnout nejen kvůli tomu všemu nepohodlí, ale hlavně jsem nedokázal usnout proto, že mě vzrušovala ta neobvyklá situace, ten pocit, že ležím ve spacáku opodál Kvildy uprostřed hluboké noci a jedinou mou střechou nad hlavou jsou větve tří smrků. Udělal jsem několik kroků od našeho impro-tábořiště bez ohně a provedl to, co jsem musel.
Fig.10: Kvilda.
Než jsem se opět zasoukal do spacáku, vzal jsem si druhý svetr přes první. Druhý svetr - rolák mi zakryl holý krk. Teď jsem se cítil lépe, jen nohy v ponožkách zůstávaly prochladlé. V mých relativně lepších pocitech určitě sehrál svou roli také krátký pobyt mimo spacák.Chvíli jsem ležel na znaku s tváří vzhlížející do nebe. V tom okamžiku bylo čisté a plné zářivých hvězd. Dodnes lituji, že jsem neudělal nějaké jeho snímky. Prostě mě ta myšlenka v tom čase nenapadla.

Nevím kolik bylo, když jsem zdřímnul, ale myslím, že to muselo být krátce před svítáním. Když jsem se probudil, noc ustupovala skrze velmi hustou mlhu. Spacáky nás naštěstí před vydatnou rosou uchránily. Povrch měly mokrý, ale ukázalo se, že jsou pro vodu nepropustné.
Fig.11: The Church of St. Stephen in Kvilda.

Asi kol sedmé či osmé ráno jsme začali vstávat. Okolí se pořád utápělo v husté mlze, stavení Kvildy v ní byla sotva viditelná. Zvládli jsme přežít jednu chladnou noc opodál Kvildy s chatrným vybavením. Kvilda k nám byla velmi milosrdná. Přes noc nebylo ani větrno ani deštivo a zdálo se, že dobré počasí pokračuje, protože jsme nad východním obzorem v mlze spatřili rozmazaný obrys slunečního kola.

Fig.12: A view of the country.
V té době jsem na foťák nezapomněl a zatímco slunce zápolilo s mlhou, pořizoval jsem obrázky zápasu, v němž bylo vítězem nakonec slunce. S rozptylováním mlhy se naše výhledy do kraje pořád rozšiřovaly. S určitým překvapením jsem se těšil z každého prvku krajiny postupně vyvstávajícího z mlhy. Čím víc slunečních paprsků do mlhy pronikalo, tím častěji jsme mohli pozorovat miniaturní víření vodních kapiček podobných mžitkům před očima.  
Do jedenácté dopolední nabyla krajina jasné obrysy a my jsme konečně mohli poprvé vidět, kde se skutečně nacházíme.





Fig.13: A cottage in the country.

Samozřejmě, že tohle je pouhý úvod k našemu pobytu na Kvildě. Hodlám se k tomuto tématu vracet ve svých dalších příspěvcích volně, čas od času.







1 komentář:

  1. Krásný fotky, moc hezky napsaný a ještě se mi oživily vzpomínky na mou šumavskou dovolenou

    OdpovědětVymazat