pondělí 20. dubna 2015

My own manuscript of The Eight Dead Sins of The Civilized Man by K. Lorenz.
On My Gradual Imprinting of Konrad Lorenz

Part two

The Eight Dead Sins of the Civilized Man
A late recension

To buy some book written by K. Lorenz was impossible in the seventies of the past century here in Czech republic. As I´ve already written his thoughts didn´t accord with the Communist ideology of that time. Prezident G. Husak sat on the throne of the Prague castle and he was quite loyal with the USSR and its red politics. But if you were interested in something and your mind was open you might get what you wanted to.
The back side of the front cover.
I worked at a ward for the old people in that time. The same ward was a working field for one psychologist, his name was V. Smitka. Soon I saw that his opinions of the regime in Czech republic were very critical, as if he told from my soul. He was my source of the prohibited literature.
The prohibited literature couldn´t be published openly but despite this it was propagated secretely.
One day doctor V. Smitka lent me a secret translation of a book by K. Lorenz. The book named "The Eight Dead Sins of The Civilized Man". I finished reading the book very quickly and I was excited with its contents. The book was something like a philosophic application of his very successful lifetime studies devoted to the animal behaviour to the man´s behaviour. I had to return the book doctor Smitka but before I did it so I decided to rewrite the whole book for my own need. I found a notebook in a red hard cover and I rewrote the book in it gradually. When I finished with my manuscript I started making the front cover. I drew separate letters, I cut them out of paper and then I composed the name of the book on the front cover. Naturally I glued the letters of the name on the front cover. In the end of this process I cut the author´s black and white portrait out of Vesmír the magazine and glued it on the front cover, too.
This copy of the book has still been in my bookcase and you can see it on my pictures.
The Contents of the book written by my hand.

I´m taking my own replica of the book from my bookcase. I haven´t held it in my hands for so a long time. I see that the name on the front cover isn´t complete ´cause the eight is missing as well as the diacritic marks above "i" and "u" in the Czech version of "sins" (hřichu = hříchů). Maybe I used a glue of the worse quality.
I´m opening my manuscript and now I can see that there´s a short article from Vesmír the magazine glued to the back side of the front cover. I´ve forgotten it.
The book consists of the following chapters:
Preface lined with silver
Structural characters and functional disorders of the living systems
The Overpopulation
The Destruction of the Enviroment
The Run for the Race with oneself
The Entropy of Feeling
The Genetic Decadence
The Parting with the Tradition
The Indoctrination (the ability to be indoctrinated with anything easily)
The Nuclear Arms
The Summary

"We look at the hen breeding in tight cotes and we think that it is an animal torturing but we forget that we do the same to ourselves." If Mr. A. Alzheimer doesn´t thieve this phrase from my brain I´ll remember it to the end of my life. When I came upon it in this book I lived in a small flat of a prefab and I could confirm it fully.

There are a lot of the author´s wisdoms in the book. The names of the chapters suggest eight main problems the mankind should do with. I think the book has still been very actual, the author´s visions have still remained to be living.
In the end of the book, as for the better perspectives of the mankind, K. Lorenz belives in the East nations rather than in the West civilization. He thought them to be much lesser dud than the highly developed West civilization. I assume that he had on his mind first of all the today´s postcommunist nations. He thought that they might avoid the sins the West civilization had already done. He thought the East nations to be lesser developed and the more virgin than the West. According to him just this could be their chance to renowe all the mankind. Unfortunately, his presumption was wrong. Almost all the postcommunist countries have changed into the stadia of the early capitalism. They´ve adopted the system of the highly developed West with no rest. OK, then will this way be the way to the hell as Konrad Lorenz has suggested?
The portrait of K. Lorenz on the front cover of my manuscript.

The Czech Version

O mém postupném vtiskování Konráda Lorenze

Část druhá

Osm smrtelných hříchů civilizovaného člověka
Pozdní recenze

Zakoupit nějakou knihu od K. Lorenze v sedmdesátých letech min. století bylo zde v České republice nemožné. Jak už jsem napsal, jeho myšlenky se neshodovaly s ideologií té doby. Na trůně Pražského hradu seděl prezident G. Husák  a ten byl zcela loyální s SSSR a jeho rudou politikou. Jestliže jste se ale o něco zajímali a vaše mysl byla otevřená, mohli jste snad dostat to, co jste chtěli.
V tom čase jsem pracoval na oddělení pro staré lidi. Totéž oddělení bylo pracovním poem pro jednoho psychologa, jmenoval se V. Smitka. Brzy jsem poznal, že jeho názory na režim v Česku jsou velmi kritické, jako by mi mluvil z duše. Byl mým zdrojem zakázané literatury. Zakázaná literatura se nedala vydávat otevřeně, avšak vzdor tomu se šířila tajně.
Jednoho dne mi doktor V. Smitka zapůjčil tajný překlad jedné knihy od K. Lorenze. Kniha se jmenovala Osm smrtelných hříchů civilizovaného člověka. Knihu jsem přečetl velmi rychle a její obsah mě vzrušil. Ta kniha byla něco jako filosofická aplikace jeho velmi úspěšných celoživotních studií věnovaných zvířecímu chování na chování lidské. Knihu jsem doktoru Smitkovi musel vrátit, ale než jsem to udělal, rozhodl jsem se celou knihu přepsat pro vlastní potřebu. Našel jsem sešit v tvrdém červeném obalu a knihu jsem do něj postupně přepisoval. Když jsem s rukopisem skončil, pustil jsem se do vytváření obálky. Nakreslil jsem si jednotlivá písmena, vystřihl jsem je z papíru a pak jsem na obálku složil název knihy. Přirozeně, že jsem písmenka názvu na obálku nalepil. V závěru té procedúry jsem z časopisu Vesmír vystřihl autorův ČB portrét a též jsem ho přilepil na obálku.
Kopie této knihy je pořád v mé knihovně a vy ji můžete vidět na mých obrázcích.
One page of my manuscript in the more detail.

Vyjímám svou vlastní repliku knihy z knihovny. Už tak dlouho jsem ji nedržel v rukách. Vidím, že název na obálce už není úplný, protože osmička chybí a také diakritická znaménka nad "i" a "u" v české verzi "hříchů" (angl. sins). Asi jsem použil lepidlo horší kvality.
Otvírám svůj rukopis a teď vidím, že na zadní stranu obálky je přilepen krátký článek z Vesmíru. Na to už jsem zapomněl.
Kniha sestává z následujících kapitol:
Předmluva vroubená stříbrem
Strukturní vlastností a funkční poruchy živých systémů
Přelidnění
Devastace životního prostředí
Běh o závod se sebou samým
Emoční entropie
Genetický úpadek
Rozchod s tradicí
Indoktrinace (schopnost být snadno naočkován čímkoliv)
Jaderné zbraně
Souhrn

"Díváme se na chov slepic v těsných kotcích a myslíme si, že to je týrání zvířat, ale zapomínáme, že totéž děláme sami sobě." Pokud mi pan A. Alzheimer tuhle větu z mozku neukradne, budu si ji pamatovat do konce života. Když jsem na ni v této knize narazil, bydlel jsem v malém panelákovém bytě a mohl jsem to plně potvrdit.

V knize je spousta autorových moudrostí. Názvy kapitol naznačují osm hlavních problémů, s nimiž by se lidstvo mělo vypořádat. Myslím, že kniha je stále velmi aktuální, autorovy vize nadále zústávají živé.
V závěru knihy K. Lorenz věří spíše ve východní národy než v západní civilizaci. Domníval se, že jsou mnohem méně zkažené než vysoce rozvinutá západní civilizace. Myslím, že měl na mysli především dnešní postkomunistické národy. Domníval se, že by se snad mohly vyhnout hříchům, kterých se už západní civilizace dopustila. Pokládal východní národy za méně rozvinuté a panenštější než Západ. Podle něj právě tohle mohlo být jejich příležitostí k obnově celého lidstva. Jeho předpoklad byl bohužel mylný. Skoro všechny postkomunistické země přešly do stádia raného kapitalizmu. Osvojují si systém vysoce rozvinutého Západu beze zbytku. Fajn, bude tedy tahle cesta cestou do pekla, jak naznačuje Konrád Lorenz?

České popisky pod snímky (shora dolů):
Můj rukopis Osmi smrtelných hříchů civilizovaného člověka od K. Lorenze.
Rub obálky.
Obsah knihy napsaný mou rukou.
Portrét K. Lorenze na obálce mého rukopisu.
Jedna stránka z mého rukopisu detailněji.









Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat