pondělí 6. dubna 2015

The English Version

On My Gradual Imprinting of Konrad Lorenz

Introduction

Surely I´d write something about this great Austrian scientist sooner or later myself with no outer stimulus. But my purpose to write about him was accelerated by one of my G+ friend named Mariana Barros. In one of her posts a couple days ago she published a memory of him as well as of the fact that he got the Nobel Prize for medicine and physiology in 1973. I responded to her post immediately, I wrote to her that I was (and I´ve still been) his admirer and I added to it my remark that in that time K. Lorenz got the Nobel Prize together with Niko Tinbergen and Karl von Frish. Mariana appreciated my additional information and this way our friendship began. I meant my purpose to write about him to Mariana. Also I wrote to her that I had two concrete ideas of K. Lorenz on my drawings already. They´ve still stayed in my head while I´m writing this text but to take a pencil and to start drawing my ideas on papers should be a question of a short time. No more procrastination! If nothing else, Mariana has been waiting for my post devoted to Konrad Lorenz especially.

As usually I´m not going to enumerate any well known facts of K. Lorenz. You can find them through The Know-all (my nickname for the Google) much more quickly than I could write them here myself. I´m going to describe my authentic experiences with this founder of ethology. My experiences with K. Lorenz have always been indirect, I´ve never met him personally but despite the fact I think that my indirect relationship to him can be interesting and stimulating to all you who are interested in the Nature and the biology, simply to all you who try to understand various biological processes including our brain.

I became his admirer in the beginning of the seventies of the past century when I found the report of his Nobel Prize in our magazine named Vesmír (The Universe in Czech). There was his small B and W photo (his head with a pipe in his mouth) and his brief CV in this number of Vesmír the magazine. It was in the time of the deep Communist totality here in my country. Konrad Lorenz wasn´t propagated by then our regime. Many of his opinions didn´t accord with the Communist ideology. But Vesmír the magazine was (and it has been so far) a popular scientific magazine and therefore it couldn´t overlook the fact of the Lorenz´s Nobel Prize. In this short article was meant the Lorenz´s sympathy with the Nazi regime in his younger years but the author of the article wrote that he refused the Nazi ideology of his youth as his life mistake in later years of his life.

A time later and in the same magazine I discovered a citation of some Lorenz´s work. The magazine published various quotations from the works of the great scientists on its pages in that time. I liked it very much. I liked it so much that I cut it off with a pair of scissors and I displayed the clip for myself in my bookcase. "The same way as the hoof of the horse is the reflexion of the hard soil of the prairie, the same way as the fin of the fish is the reflexion of the water element and the bird´s wings are the reflexion of the air element......." I was fascinated with his words and thoughts in them. I was seventeen or eighteen years old in that time.

To be continued freely.

The Czech Version

O mém postupném vtiskování Konráda Lorenze

Úvod

Určitě bych dříve či později něco o tomto velkém rakouském vědci napsal sám bez jakéhokoliv vnějšího podnětu. Můj záměr o něm něco napsat ale urychlila jedna z mých přítelkyň na G+, která se jmenuje Mariana Barros. V jednom ze svých příspěvků před pár dny na něj zveřejnila vzpomínku a také na fakt, že v roce 1973 dostal Nobelovu cenu za fyziologii a lékařství. Okamžitě jsem na její příspěvek reagoval. Napsal jsem jí, že jsem jeho stálým obdivovatelem a dodal jsem k tomu poznámku, že K. Lorenz dostal Nobelovu cenu společně s Niko Tinbergenem a Karl von Frishem. Mariana mou dodatečnou informaci ocenila a takto začalo naše přátelství. Marianě jsem se zmínil o svém záměru napsat o něm. Také jsem jí napsal, že už mám dvě konkrétní představy o K. Lorenzovi na mých kresbách.
Zatímco píši tento text stále mi pobývají v hlavě, ale chopit se tužky a pustit se do kres
lení svých nápadů by mělo být otázkou krátké doby. Žádné další otálení! Mariana na můj příspěvek spešl věnovaný Konrádovi Lorenzovi už čeká.

Jako obvykle nehodlám o K. Lorenzovi vypočítávat žádná dobře známá fakta. Ty si můžete najít na Vševědovi (má přezdívka pro Google) mnohem rychleji, než bych je tady sám dokázal napsat. Chystám se vylíčit vlastní zážitky s tímto zakladatelem etologie. Má zkušenost s Konrádem Lorenzem byla vždy nepřímá, nikdy jsem se s ním osobně nesetkal, ale vzdor této skutečnosti se domnívám, že můj nepřímý vztah k němu může být zajímavý a podnětný pro vás všechny, kteří se zajímáte o přírodu a biologii, prostě pro vás všechny, kteří se pokoušíte porozumět různým biologickým pochodům včetně našeho mozku.

Jeho obdivovatelem jsem se stal začátkem 70. let minulého století, když jsem v našem časopise Vesmír našel zprávu o něm. V tom čísle Vesmíru byla jeho ČB fotečka (jeho hlava s dýmkou v ústech) a jeho stručný životopis. To bylo tady v mé zemi v době hluboké totality. Tehdejší náš režim Konráda Lorenze nepropagoval. Mnoho z jeho názorů se s komunistickou ideologií neshodovalo. Avšak Vesmír byl (a je pořád) populární vědecký časopis, a tudíž nemohl přehlédnout fakt Lorenzovy Nobelovky. V tom stručném článku byla zmíněna Lorenzova sympatie s nacistickým režimem v mladších letech, ale autor článku psal, že v pozdějších letech svého života nacistickou ideologii z mládí odmítl jako svůj životní omyl.

O nějakou dobu později a ve stejném časopise jsem objevil citaci z nějaké Lorenzovy práce. V té době tento časopis publikoval na svých stránkách různé citáty z prací velkých vědců. Moc se mi líbil. Tak moc, že jsem si ho nůžkami vystřihl a vystavil si ho pro sebe na svou knihovnu. "Stejně jako je kopyto koně odrazem tvrdé půdy stepi, stejně jako je ploutev ryby odrazem vodního živlu a ptačí křídla odrazem vzdušného živlu....." Byl jsem jeho slovy a myšlenkami v nich fascinován. V tom čase mi bylo sedmnáct či osmnáct.



Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat