pátek 5. prosince 2014

The English Version

One Memory of Radostovice The Village from My Childhood

I needn´t introduce Radostovice to you. You know this small village from some of my previous blogs. I spent my childhood for each of my school holidays there.
My Grandfather (Father of my Father) often killed rabbits. He had bred them for meat and furs. He didn´t like this job but he had to do it. He killed them quickly, they hadn´t to wait for their deaths for a long time. I didn´t look at their executions, I only heard their short shrillings immediately before their deaths.
My Grandfather killed the rabbits out of my sight in our garden behind woody sheds. Then I could observe how he pelted and viscerated them in the court. I could see the anatomy of the rabbit in front of my eyes. My stomach was all right, no vomiting....of course, I was sorry about the animals but I had to overcome it and I could understand that mainly they were for meat  there because we´re natural omnivores.
I could have the occasion to see all the transformation from a living rabbit to very tasty meals because my Grandmother was an excellent cook. It was an instructive lesson to me: First I saw various organs, musculature under fur, blood vessels and blood, various bones of the skeleton, I saw the rabbit´s interior and I could make some real idea of  it. In fact I was a witness of dissections, in fact the dissections were my first biological practices. My waking interest in biology wanted to know what was inside.
Second I saw the whole process, the hard reality that if you want to eat you must breed and then kill. I could know it thanks to my time spent in Radostovice the village. The urban citizen knows meat only, he or she doesn´t know anything of living beings bred not for a pleasure but for our stomachs. I think that the country life is much more sound than the urban one. I think that the urban life has given birth to the Vegetarians, the Vegans, the Macrobiotics as well as the Brethtarians and many other unnatural forms of our diet rather than the country life. The man of the city has lost the direct way from a living animal to a portion on a plate. His or her look at this process has been distorted.

The Czech Version

Jedna vzpomínka z vesničky Radostovice z mého mládí

Radostovice Vám představovat nemusím. Znáte tuhle vesničku z některých mých předešlých blogů. Trávil jsem tam dětství každé školní prázdniny. Můj děda (otec mého otce) často zabíjel králíky. Choval je pro maso a kožešiny. Tuhle práci nedělal rád, ale udělat ji musel. Zabíjel je rychle, dlouho na smrt čekat nemuseli. Na jejich popravy jsem se nedíval, jen jsem slýchal jejich krátké vřískání bezprostředně před smrtí.
Děda králíky zabíjel mimo můj pohled v zahradě za dřevěnými kůlnami. Poté jsem mohl pozorovat, jak je na dvoře stahuje a vyvrhuje. Viděl jsem anatomii králíka před očima. žaludek jsem měl v pořádku, žádné zvracení.....samozřejmě mi těch zvířat bylo líto, ale musel jsem to překonat a dokázal jsem chápat, že jsou především na maso, protože jsme přirození všežravci.
Měl jsem příležitost vidět celou tu transformaci od živého králíka po velmi chutné pokrmy, protože babička byla vynikající kuchařka. Byla to pro mne poučná lekce: Zaprvé jsem mohl vidět různé orgány, svalovinu pod kůží, krevní cévy a krev, rozmanité kosti skeletu, viděl jsem vnitřek králíka a mohl jsem si o něm udělat nějakou reálnou představu. Byl jsem vlastně očitým svědkem pitev, ty pitvy byly vlastně mými prvními biologickými praktiky. Můj probouzející se zájem o biologii chtěl vědět, co je uvnitř.
Zadruhé jsem viděl celý proces, tu drsnou realitu, že, chceš-li jíst, musíš chovat a pak zabíjet. Mohl jsem to poznat díky času strávenému ve vesničce Radostovice. Měšťák zná jen maso, neví nic o živáčcích chovaných ne pro potěchu, ale pro naše žaludky. Myslím, že to městský život zrodil vegetariány, vegany, makrobiotiky a taky bretariány a mnoho dalších nepřirozených forem našeho stravování spíše než venkovský život. Měšťák ztratil přímou cestu od živého zvířete po porci na talíři. Jeho pohled na tento proces je pokřivený.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat