neděle 8. března 2015

The Fig.1: My flowering Brassia in detail.
The English Version

The Newest Plants in My Modest Orchid Collection

Let me introduce my new plants to you. I got them for my modest orchid collection.
As usually, I´m not going to write about species, I´m going to name my plants according to their genera in Latin only because mostly they are various cultivars and hybrids and their species identification isn´t difficult.
Last Christmas brought two new orchids to me. I got them from my daughter Sylva. The first of them is of Dendrobium the genus. It flowered with dark pink flowers but they went away within two days. I didn´t make to take any photo of its flowers. Several days after its flowering I saw two new sprits growing out from the base of the most robust stem. That´s my first experience with a home cultivation of this genus. I´m writing this text on 3.8. 2015 and my Dendro has still been saying yes to my conditions.
The Fig.2: Oncidium to the left, Dendrobium to the right.

The second new orchid in my collection is of Oncidium the genus. It was in flower too but its flowers went away within a couple of days in the same way as it was with the Dendro. My daughter bought both the Dendrobium and the Oncidium in flowers already. To buy plants in buds is the better way how to enjoy their flowering for a longer time.


The third orchid is of Brassia the genus. You can see its flowers on the fig. 1. It ceased flowering only a couple of days ago because my daughter bought it with inflorescences bearing more buds than open flowers. It had three inflorescences. I´ve thought I´ve already had one specimen of this genus but its flowers have been orange (to compare see my previous posts devoted to this topic incl. photos). This Brassia plant was a present to my name day (on 1.23.´15) from my daughter Sylva, too. Its flowers fumed a pleasant descreet odour as my nose could record during its flowering.

All the photos were taken on 2.24.´15. So far (8.3.´15) all my new plants have been prosperous. Except for the three new plants I took a picture of my older flowering hybridous orchid. It is sold under the Latin name of Cambria. It blossomed with three flowers. Unfortunately, its flowering lasted for a short time only. Today I was forced to remove its dead inflorescence from the plant. I must replanted this hybridous orchid as soon as possible!
The Fig.3: Two new sprits of my Dendro in detail.

The Czech Version

Nejnovější rostliny v mé skromné sbírce orchidejí

Dovolte, abych vám představil své nové rostliny. Dostal jsem je pro svou skromnou sbírku orchidejí. Jako obvykle nehodlám psát o druzích, své rostliny budu nazývat jen podle jejich rodových latinských jmen, protože jsou to většinou různé kultivary a hybridi a jejich druhové určení není snadné.
Minulé Vánoce mi přinesly dvě nové orchidky. Dostal jsem je od dcery Sylvy. První z nich je z rodu Dendrobium. Kvetlo tmavě růžovými květy, ale ty odumřely během dvou dní. Žádnou fotku jeho květů jsem pořídit nestihnul. Několik dní po jeho kvetení jsem uviděl dva nové výhonky odrůstající z báze nejrobustnějšho stonku. Tohle je moje první zkušenost s domácím pěstováním tohoto rodu. Tento text sepisuji 8.3.´15 a Dendro na moje podmínky stále přitakává.

Druhá nová orchidka ve sbírce je z rodu Oncidium. Také byla nakvetlá, ale její květy odešly během pár dní stejně jako u Dendrobia. Dcera zakoupila Dendrobium i Oncidium již nakvetlé. Nakupovat rostliny s poupaty je lepší způsob, jak si užít jejich květů delší dobu.
The Fig.4: My new Brassia.incl. leaves.

Třetí orchidea je z rodu Brassia. Její květy vidíte na obr.1. Přestala kvést teprve před pár dny, protože ji dcera koupila s květenstvími nesoucími více poupat než otevřených květů. Měla tři květenství. Domnívám se, že už jeden exemplář tohoto rodu mám, ale ten má květy oranžové (Pro srovnání viz moje předešlé příspěvky věnované tomuto tématu vč. fotografií.). Tahle Brasssia byla darem k mým jmeninám (23.1.´15) rovněž od Sylvy. Jak můj nos mohl zaznamenat během jejího kvetení, květy vydávaly příjemnou nevtíravou vůni.

Všechny snímky byly pořízeny 24.2. ´15. Až dosud se všem novým rostlinám daří dobře. Kromě tří nových rostlin jsem nafotil svou starší kvetoucí hybridní orchidku. Prodává se pod latinským názvem Cambria. Kvetla třemi květy. Bohužel, její kvetení trvalo jen krátce. Dnes jsem musel zvadlé květenství z rostliny odstranit. Musím tuto hybridní orchidku přesadit co nejdřív!



The Fig.5: Cambria in flower.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat