pondělí 2. března 2015

The Fig.1
The English Version

Part Two

Today (02.26.´15) in the Evening:

On The Magic of The Remove of my vanilla plantlet from its tube to a pot

The third day after I got the plantlet I prepared all the things needed for its replanting.You can see them on the Fig.1. There´s a white pot with a plastic container under it to the left. The bottom of the plastic container is covered with pebbles of keramzit. An old magazine serves as a bed for any junk.
The modified green pet bottle will form a temporary cover above the replanted  plantlet. Next to the pet bottle you can see the paper box with the Vanilla plantlet in a tube. Three thick sticks, the bag of the orchid substrate, two kinds of knives and a pair of scissors my decription of the necessary things and tools end up.
The place of my operation: our kitchen.
The Fig.2
The Fig.2 shows the Vanilla plantlet within the tube removed from the paper box. I´m standing before  the most difficult step: to pull the plantlet out from the tube and not to damage it. First I use one of the sticks to disturb the white jelly medium attaching to the wall of the tube. It is translucent and I can see only two long thin roots penetrating through it to the very tube´s bed (The fig.3). I must be very careful. I open the cover of the tube. The top of the plantlet has already knocked on the internal side of the cover, it´s been high time to replant it.
It turns out that I have no appropriate tool for this sequence. Fortunately I quickly find that I can shake both the plantlet and its medium out of the tube simply if I turn the tube upside down. Within a while the plantlet rests on my palm intact. The most difficult step is behind me happily!
Then I rinse the lower part of the plantlet including its two long roots in a prepared plate of warm water to get it rid of the remains of the white jelly medium. I do it in a very descreet way. The remains of the lab substrate clinging to the roots may be a cause of an inappropriate bacterial infection.
The Fig.3
When it seems to me that itˇs enaugh I´m taking the white pot and covering its bed with the light substrate for orchids. When this layer is prepared I take the plantlet with my left hand, I stand it on the centre of the lowest layer and I start adding the orchid substrate to the pot around the plantlet with my right hand till it fills its volume to its rim. When I´m sure that the plantlet is well fixed in the orchid substrate, when I see that it stands erect in the centre of the pot with no help (the fig.4 and 5) I can start to water the substrate from above very carefully so long till it floods the keramzit pebbles in the plast container under the pot. The pot needn´t stand right in water. It would be a catastrophe to the orchid´s roots.

It remains to do the last step: to place the replanted vanilla plantlet in my big aquarium on the window sill with the eastern exposure and to cover it with the modified pet bottle (for the time of about 21 days for its better adaptation) with pores punctured in its bed which now it is upside down (the fig.6).

The magic of the remove is finished. Both the paper box and the tube are empty (the fig.7).
I finish writing this post on 03.02.´15 in the morning (at 7.55 AM), i.e. it is the third day since the time I´ve replanted my vanilla plantlet from Reunion to my own conditions in Czech republic. In the meantime I can write that it has still been alive and it has looked very well.

The Czech Version
The Fig.4

Dnes večer (26.2.´15):
O kouzlu přemístění rostlinky vanilky
z její zkumavky do květináče

Třetí den poté, co jsem rostlinku dostal, jsem si nachystal všechny věci potřebné k jejímu přesazení. Můžete je vidět na obr. č.1. Vlevo je bílý květináč s plastovou nádobou pod ním. Dno plastové nádoby je pokryto oblázky keramzitu. Starý časopis slouží jako podložka pro jakýkoliv odpad.
Upravená zelená pet lahev poslouží jako dočasný kryt nad přesazenou rostlinkou. Vedle petky můžete vidět papírovou krabici s rostlinkou vanilky ve zkumavce. Tři silné špejle, sáček se substrátem pro orchideje, dva druhy nožů a nůžky můj popis nezbytných věcí a nástrojů uzavírají.
Obr.2 ukazuje zkumavku s rostlinkou vanilky odstraněnou z papírové krabice. Stojím před nejobtížnějším krokem: Vytáhnout rostlinku ze zkumavky tak, aby se nepoškodila. Nejdřív používám jednu ze špejlí, abych narušil bílé rosolovité médium lnoucí ke stěně zkumavky. Je průhledné a já mohu vidět pouhé dva dlouhé tenké kořínky pronikající skrze něj na samé dno zkumavky (obr.3). Musím být velice opatrný. Otevírám kryt zkumavky. Vršek rostlinky už klepe na vnitřní stranu víčka, je nejvyšší čas ji přesadit.
The Fig.5
Ukazuje se, že pro tento úkon nemám vhodný nástroj. Naštěstí rychle zjišťuji, že mohu rostlinku i se substrátem prostě vytřepat, když zkumavku obrátím. Během chvilky spočívá nedotčená rostlinka na mé dlani. Nejobtížnější krok je šťastně za mnou!
The Fig.6
Poté opláchnu spodní část rostlinky včetně jejích dvou dlouhých kořínků v přichystaném talíři s vlažnou vodou, abych ji zbavil zbytků bílého rosolovitého substrátu. Provádím to velice šetrně. Zbytky laboratorního média lnoucí ke kořínkům mohou být příčinou nepatřičné bakteriální infekce. Když se mi zdá, že to stačí, chápu se bílého květináče a pokrývám jeho dno lehkým substrátem pro orchideje. Když je tato vrstva nachystána, vezmu rostlinku do levé ruky, postavím ji do středu nejspodnější vrstvy a pustím se pravačkou do přidávání substrátu pro orchideje do květníku kolem rostliny, dokud jeho objem nezaplňuje po okraj. Když mám jistotu, že je rostlina v substrátu dobře upevněna, když vidím, že stojí vzpřímeně ve středu květináče bez pomoci (obr.4 a 5), mohu velmi opatrně začít zavlažovat substrát shora tak dlouho, dokud nezaplavuje keramzitové oblázky v plastové nádobce pod
 The Fig.7

















květníkem. Květináč nesmí stát přímo ve vodě. Pro kořínky orchideje by to byla katastrofa.

Zbývá udělat poslední krok: Umístit rostlinku vanilky do velkého akvária na okenním parapetě s východní expozicí a přiklopit ji upravenou pet lahví (na dobu asi 21 dní pro její lepší adaptaci) s proraženými průduchy ve dně, jež je nyní vzhůru nohama (obr.6).

Kouzlo přemístění je ukončeno. Papírová krabička i zkumavka jsou prázdné (obr.7). Dopisuji tento příspěvek 2.3.´15 ráno v 7.55 h., tj. třetí den, co jsem rostlinku vanilky z Reunionu přesadil do mých podmínek v České republice. Prozatím mohu napsat, že je pořád naživu a vypadá velmi dobře.


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat