neděle 19. července 2015

The Fig.1: My plantlet of Vanilla crenulata after six months.
The English Version

Part Three

How is my Vanilla crenulata from Reunion after six months?

On February the 16th 2015 I replanted my present from Reunion from the closed plastic tube to a pot. I placed the pot with the plantlet into one large aquarium where it shared its room together with several other plants (see my previous two posts with this theme).

I had to be very patient ´cause generally my orchids had a lot of time under my conditions, they didn´t harry for anywhere. Their developments have been very slow whether they´ve formed inflorescences or they´ve formed new leaves. So that I waited for some signs of a new growth and observed the plantlet regularly. My Vanilla showed no symptoms of a new growth for the rest of February, for all March as well as for all April. Though the plantlet didn´t form new leaves all its original leaves remained being sound and green. I could be calm, it was clear that my Vanilla was accepting my conditions and it concentrated on its root system development. If it succeed in it, if their roots weren´t attacked by moulds or by bacteria, then soon or later it would start forming new leaves.
The Fig.2: Vanilla crenulata forming the forth leaf under my conditions.

First I watered a layer of pebbles only. The pot with the plantlet stood on it. By this way substrate was maintained to be moist only not to be flooded with water.
The plantlet started forming the first leaf out of its plastic tube in the second half of May.
Till this time it has formed three new leaves under my conditions, out of the plastic tube, and now it has been forming the fourth one. Because none of its original leaves has gone away, you can compare them to the three new ones and you can see that the three newest are larger than the original ones.

Since the time my Vanilla have formed new larger leaves I´ve changed the watering strategy. Now I´ve watered the plant from above using a plastic syringe. With its help I´ve watered the substrate´s surface till water has flooded the pebble layer under the pot without its bed has been submerged in it.

With its topest three leaves much larger than the original ones the plantlet has tended to tip and so I ensured its erect position with a woody stick. I bought all one packet of them. You know them very well, they´ve been used by some Asian nations in the same way as we´ve used the fork and the knife. My Vanilla can lean on one of them.
All the pictures in this post were taken on July the 16th 2015.
If there will be something new with my Vanilla I´ll let you know again.

The Fig.3: V. crenulata, a view from the opposite side.
The Czech Version

Část třetí

Jak se má moje Vanilla crenulata z Reunionu po šesti měsících?

26.2. 2015 jsem přesadil svůj dárek z Reunionu z uzavřené plastické zkumavky do květináče. Květináč s rostlinkou jsem umístil do jednoho velkého akvária, kde jeho prostor sdílí spolu s několika dalšími rostlinami (viz mé předešlé dva příspěvky s tímto tématem).

Musel jsem být velice trpělivý, protože moje orchideje všeobecně mají v mých podmínkách spousta času, nikam nespěchají. Jejich vývoj je velmi pomalý, ať vytvářejí květenství nebo nové listy. Takže jsem čekal na nějaké známky nového růstu a rostlinku jsem pravidelně pozoroval. Vanilka nevykazovala žádné příznaky nového růstu po zbytek února, celý březen a taky celý duben. Třebaže rostlinka nové listy nevytvářela, všechny původní listy zůstávaly zdravé a zelené. Mohl jsem být klidný, bylo jasné, že vanilka mé podmínky přijímá a soustředí se na vývoj kořenové soustavy. Bude-li v tom úspěšná, pokud její kořeny nenapadnou plísně či baktérie, pak dříve nebo později začne tvořit nové listy.
The Fig.4: The newest leaves become larger.

Zprvu jsem zaléval jen vrstvu oblázků. Květináč s rostlinkou stál na ní. Tímto způsobem se substrát udržoval jenom vlhký, nikoliv vodou zaplavený.
První list mimo plastovou zkumavku začala rostlinka vytvářet ve druhé půli května.
V mých podmínkách, mimo plastovou zkumavku, vytvořila do této doby tři nové listy a nyní vytváří čtvrtý.  Protože žádný z původních listů neodumřel, můžete je porovnávat se třemi novými a vidíte, že tři nejnovější jsou větší než ty původní.

Od té doby, co vanilka tvoří nové větší listy, změnil jsem strategii zálivky. Nyní rostlinku zalévám shora a používám k tomu plastovou stříkačku. S její pomocí zalévám povrch substrátu dokud voda nezaplavuje vrstvu oblázků pod květináčem, aniž by v ní bylo jeho dno ponořeno.

Protože nejvyšší tři listy jsou mnohem větší než původní, rostlinka má tendenci se naklánět a tak jsem její vzpřímené postavení zajistil hůlkou. Zakoupil jsem jich celé balení. Znáte je velmi dobře, některé asijské národy je používají stejně jako my vidličku a nůž. Moje vanilka se o jednu z nich může opírat.
Všechny obrázky v tomto příspěvku byly pořízeny 16. července 2015.
Bude-li u mé vanilky něco nového, dám vám opět vědět.

České popisky k obrázkům:
Obr.1: Rostlinka Vanilla crenulata po šesti měsících.
Obr.2: Vanilla crenulata tvořící v mých podmínkách čtvrtý list.
Obr.3: V. crenulata, pohled z opačné strany.
Obr.4.: Nejnovější listy se zvětšují.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat